Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lavender

Last week I took my first Meisner class with a new teacher. (Seriously, we're so lucky here in Austin--my first teacher studied with Meisner for four years--this one TAUGHT with him!)

We began at the beginning with repetition exercises. This was new to me--I've never started that at the beginning before (odd--it's definitely time).

My first go-round went well. My second? Well, it didn't go well, which was even better for me--sparked amazing insight from this new teacher that gave me so much to think about. Why "Lavender"? That was one of the words two people repeated--now stuck in my head. I didn't think I could sit there, watch two people say lavender and get so much out of it.

Next class is tomorrow. Hoping to incorporate what I learned last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment