Saturday, March 6, 2010

Stunt training goes outside

So on one of many trips to Houston over the past month, I finally took a friend up on his offer to go indoor rock climbing (thank you Danny!). It was a blast, and Danny and his friends were so generous with their time--helping me both on the ground and on the wall.

Thank God.

Because the very next weekend took me outside for my first rappelling session--stunt training gone wild as it were--and without that little bit of experience putting my life in the hands of one rope and one person, I don't know if I could have actually leaned back in that harness and walked down that wall.

As it was, it totally rocked. So thank you Nate Legacy. And Robert for spotting me when I climbed up. And Donny for being my knot-tying coach. And Sarah for going first.

No comments:

Post a Comment