Friday, March 18, 2011

My 2011 SXSW

SXSW officially runs for one more day (film) and two more days (music), but my film life has hit the wall of real life as of today and my SXSW is over. Here's what I managed to catch in one week, with time spent at the day job and time spent icing and elevating the cartoonishly swollen ankle. All that considering, I don't think I did too badly. I'm ready to buy next year's badge already--I LOVE this festival.

Day One
Texas Shorts

Day Two
Panel: Drama from Distance--cross-continent theater performance incorporating Skype
Documentary: Better This World (two protesters charged with domestic terrorism during 2008RNC)
Documentary: Incendiary (fire science and the execution of Cunningham in Texas)
IAWTV (International Academy of Web Television) private party

Day Three--Recovery
Documentary: El Bulli--Cooking in Progress

Day Four
Mentor session with Liz Atherton of TAG Talent
Narrative: Small, Beautifully Moving Parts
Panel: Pimp My Movie: Online Marketing Campaigns
Party: Actor Meet-up hosted by Beckinfield
Narrative: Win Win
Party: SAG (crashed the tail end of it)
Out on the town: Driskill, Bikinis

Day Five--Work
Narrative: The Beginners

Day Six--Work/Play
Narrative: Blacktino
Trade Show
Narrative: The Beaver

Day Seven--Work/Play
Documentary: Page One: Inside the NY Times
Documentary: Senna

Day Eight--Work/Play
Documentary: Kumare, Audience Favorite
Narrative: Natural Selection, Audience and Jury Narrative Winner

No comments:

Post a Comment