Sunday, February 5, 2012

The other side of the camera

So, my alter ego (the one who pays way more of my bills), works in advertising. As a copywriter. So that me has written commercials. Has seen them in my head. Has hoped they translate through the talent (or get any better). So what fun to get to do that for someone else this weekend!

I spent Saturday afternoon shooting a couple of commercials--unfortunately, they'll only be playing in West Virginia and Pennsylvania, but if you live there, watch for 'em! In the movie theater! (Sorry. I understand if you don't want to watch commercials after you've already paid to watch the movie. I do get it. Really.)

I played the wife of a good real-life friend of mine, Kevin McCarthy from Cell, and his kids and dog, Zoe, also took part. All in all, it felt way more like fun than work, which is really awesome when it works out that way. And I saw the rough cuts--they look great!

In related news, tonight was the Super Bowl, and I have to send a shout-out to the copywriter(s) working on Chrysler's "Imported from Detroit" commercials--"It's Half-Time, America" was really spot-on. Great, great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment