Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yes. I love Weird Girls.

Weird Girls is all about staying true to yourself and the things you love.

I love my home life. Love it. My dog. My dude. Our weekend routines. The sleeping in. The making fancy breakfasts. So when I skip out on all that, it's for a good reason.

This weekend I have a good reason.

Mark Gardner, Producer/Director/Writer/Champion of Cell: The Web Series is shooting a pilot for his latest web series: Weird Girls. You might remember a while back we did a table read for the whole series. It was amazing--the writing, the premise and the Weird Girls themselves, brought to life by a group of very talented young actors.

There are so many good things about being a part of this--this is an exceptional series--so reward #1. Cast and crew collaboration is reward #2. Spending two whole days with one of my favorite people in the world, and her daughter (who I have the distinct honor of co-mom-ing on set) is reward #3. Really I could go on and on. But I won't. This is starting to sound like an Academy Award speech. So I'll just point upwards and we'll save the rest for the movie.

So yes. Weird Girls is definitely another thing I love. And in the meantime, I must find teacher clothes. And love the fact that this is one shoot I may get through with my shoes firmly on my feet and a complete lack of the sticky summertime stench of fake blood.

For a sneak peek of what's to come, check out Weird Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment